Make Your Own Baby Food: Baby Pot Pie
This is the filling that I use when I make pot pie. Throw it in the food processor, and it makes a great baby meal!
- 1 potato or sweet potato
- Chicken or turkey meat, cooked and chopped (great way to use leftover poultry)
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can of cream soup (chicken, celery, mushroom … tomato would be weird, though)
1) Scrub and cut the potato into small pieces.
2) Place potato pieces in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with cold water by about an inch.
3) Heat the water to boiling and cook potatoes until tender.
4) Drain potatoes and return to pot.
5) Add chicken, vegetables and can of soup
6) Cover and cook over medium heat, until vegetables are no longer frozen and entire pot is bubbly, stirring occasionally.
7) Let cool.
8) Using a blender or food processor, process in small amounts until smooth enough for your baby. You can make it chunkier as your baby gets older and can chew more. If using a blender, add small amounts of water to help processing.
9) Pour into ice cube trays.
10) Freeze solid (overnight usually works).
11) Break out of trays and store in a gallon-size zip baggie or other freezable container.
12) Thaw as many cubes as necessary to satisfy your baby!